Hello Pin Traders! Today’s post talks about one of our most frequently asked questions: What’s the difference between all the baseball trading pin styles that we offer?
As you’ve seen on our website there are 3 common types of Pins: Soft Enamel, Offset Printed, and Quick Pins. Let’s take a quick dive into each so you can make the right decision for your team.
Let’s start with Soft Enamel Trading Pins
The Official name is Die Struck Soft Enamel, ‘Die Struck’ coming from the manufacturing process in which a custom die (with your pin design machined into the surface) strikes strips of iron metal to produce your individual pins 1 by 1.
Some Quick Facts on Soft Enamel:
- Soft Enamel typically make up 60%-70% of the trading pins you’ll see at the tournament.
- Soft Enamel pins are Die Struck from high grade iron and are typically plated with silver, gold, or black tones.
- The lines on your artwork become the ridges of the metal which acts as a divider between the enamel colors.
- Soft Enamel pins are ideal for all upgrades we offer like spinners, sliders, blinkers, glitter, crystal, glow enamel, and more.
- Pending the time of year, these pins have about a two week lead time from order to delivery.
Offset Printed Pins
Although less common than Soft Enamel, Offset Printed Baseball Pins have three advantages customers find versus soft enamel:
- They’re made quicker -10 days or less
- They cost less – typically 20-50 cents per pin less
- And they offer more design flexibility – no lines needed to separate colors
With our experienced design staff, we’ll make sure they trade just as well as soft enamel!
Here are some Quick Facts on Offset Printed Pins:
- As the name suggests, these pins are printed on white iron sheet metal and individually stamped out
- We offer both .8mm (standard) and an upgraded 1.2mm thicknesses.
- The pins come with a thin layer of clear epoxy to protect the printed surface.
- Offset Printed can be yours in 10 days to as little as 7 days pending quantity ordered and design.
As the name suggests, Quick Pins offer the convenience of a quick turnaround, made right here in the USA. If you’re in need of pins the same week, we’ve got you covered. Facts on Quick Pins:
- We produce these pins at 3 facilities across the country enabling us to provide a quick and affordable solution
- Quick Pins can be delivered in as little as 3 days from the date of your order.
- Like Offset Printed Pins, Quick Pins are printed and covered with an epoxy layer.
- Quick Pins are made with a 1.5mm thick base so the pin weight is comparable to a Soft Enamel Pin
To Summarize, Soft Enamel Pins are the most common & popular trading pins, Offset Printed Pins are perfect for times tight on time or budget but unwilling to sacrifice on look or quality, and Quick Pins are available to get you out of a time pinch for pins.
To find out more about these pins, click the red ‘Get Pricing Now’ button below, or give us a call at 888-998-1746 to get started on your teams design today!